En privat sajt med många skattetips och en guldgruva för dem som arbetar aktivt med skatter!

Denna webbplats administreras av Skattepunkten AB
Skattepunkten AB ger Dig professionell skatterådgivning

Kontakta Skattepunkten AB när Du behöver professionell hjälp av en skattekonsult.



My wife and I are planning to move back to The Netherlands (our home country) after having lived in Sweden for six years. 
Our intention is to sell our apartment (permanentbostad) in Sweden before we move, but given the current market situation there is a realistic chance that the apartment will not be sold yet when we move.

After we have moved, there will be nothing that ties us to Sweden other than the apartment (which will then be for sale) and money and stocks on our Swedish bank and broker accounts.

So my question is: based on the above facts, should we expect to still be considered "obegränsat skattskyldig" after we have moved back to The Netherlands?

Also, it's not clear to me how this works in practice. After we have registered our emigration from Sweden, will Skatteverket on their own initiative make an assessment of our status based on the information they have, and then inform us whether we are considered "obegränsat" or "begränsat skattskyldig"?

2 Kommentarer
  1. anon
    D Andersson
    nov 14, 2023


    Since you have a home left in Sweden, you will be considered unlimited taxable in Sweden. Since you have a home left in Sweden, Sweden expects you to hand in a tax return as long as you don´t claim anything else. Skattevekret should then send a tax return to you every year.

    Kind regards


    Daniel Andersson är skattejurist hos Skattepunkten AB

  1. anon
    nov 14, 2023

    Thanks for your clear answer, Daniel!

    So now I know that I will be considered unlimited taxable, I have some more specific questions that I will put in a separate post.