Sell property abroad, buy in Sweden
I hope you can give me some advice on my situation;
What is given:
- I am a Swedish tax resident.
- For around 5 years I own a property outside the EU (Russia). This property was gifted to me, the person who gifted had not bought it also - its a gift from the government.
- I want to sell it and buy property in Sweden instead.
- As I understand, if I sell that property, I need to pay 22% on the profit.
- What is the way to calculate the capital gain if the property has never been purchased and 0 investments made in renovation ? Does the full sales price considered as capital gain and therefore taxable?
- Is there any legal way to avoid / decrease taxes in my situation? Maybe the fact that I will buy property in Sweden can help?
- Based on your experience, do you know if sales of properties are being reported by Russian irs to Swedish ?