En privat sajt med många skattetips och en guldgruva för dem som arbetar aktivt med skatter!

Denna webbplats administreras av Skattepunkten AB
Skattepunkten AB ger Dig professionell skatterådgivning

Kontakta Skattepunkten AB när Du behöver professionell hjälp av en skattekonsult.




I have lived in Australia for 33 years. In December I came back to Sweden to look after my elderly mother after surgery. Whilst here I purchased a house with my brother. The aim was to provide him with a place to live and probably have my mother moving in with him as she is getting old. Also it would provide me with a place to stay when I visit Sweden. I was given the advice to register myself as living in Sweden, as I was not entirely sure how long I would need to stay here. I am now returning to Australia at the end of the month, and have been told to de-register as living here. My question is what would the tax implications be;

- having bought a property in Sweden

- any income I have accumulated in Australia during this time (less than 6 month stay)

- superannuation payments recieved in Australia from a self managed superannuation

- will I need to lodge a tax return in Sweden for December and for the 4 months this year?

I would be most grateful for any advice as I am in a pickle, and do not really know anyone to ask for advice.


Kind Regards


2 Kommentarer
  1. anon
    D Andersson
    maj 04, 2023


    Since you are moving back to Australia, my expectation is that you are limited taxable in Sweden from day 1. Since you are limited taxable in Sweden, Sweden may only tax incomes that has is source in Sweden for example rental incomes if you rent out the house in Sweden.

    Since you have a property in Sweden, you are liable for Swedish property tax and need to hand in an annual tax return for this.

    Kind regards


    Daniel Andersson är skattejurist hos Skattepunkten AB

  1. anon
    maj 05, 2023

    Thank you

    <p>J M</p>