En privat sajt med många skattetips och en guldgruva för dem som arbetar aktivt med skatter!

Denna webbplats administreras av Skattepunkten AB
Skattepunkten AB ger Dig professionell skatterådgivning

Kontakta Skattepunkten AB när Du behöver professionell hjälp av en skattekonsult.



I am an EU citizen living permanently in Sweden and I have been offered a remote full-time job by a UK company. I am a little lost as to how I should set up my income. If I set myself up as a sole trader in Sweden it appears I am liable to pay VAT on top of income tax (effective tax rate of at least 50%). If I instead receive my renumeration as a regular salaried employee into my UK bank account and then transfer money as required to Sweden, am I liable to pay tax in Sweden too (double taxation?). What is the best option for me?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!




1 Kommentarer
  1. anon
    D Andersson
    mar 24, 2019

    Hi Ryan,

    If you set up yourself as sole trader, you are liable for VAT but since the company is based in the UK you don´t have to pay any VAT regardless what happens with Brexit.

    If you chose to be employed, you should only pay tax in Sweden since the work is done in Sweden and you are living in Sweden. There is a risk that the employer needs to register them self as an employer in Sweden since you are doing the job in Sweden. Because of this, I think the best is that you work as a sole trader.

    Kind regards


    Daniel Andersson är skattejurist hos Skattepunkten AB